I actually don't use a recipe, so I'll try to guestimate correctly. Brent got a little over-zealous pouring the red sauce on the chicken, so it didn't stay crunchy, but it was still delicious.
Also, when using chicken breasts, instead of pounding them out (which never works for me) I just use the kitchen scissors and cut them down to the right size. Each breast usually has a fat side and a thin side. I cut the breast in half so the thin side is one piece. Next, I cut the fat side into two pieces across the width of it, so that I have two thinner pieces. Each breast thus makes three pieces. I hope this is making sense.
Anyway, enjoy.
Ingredients:2 chicken breasts, thinned (see above)
1/3 - 1/2 Ritz cracker stack, crunched well
Salt and Pepper
A few shakes of Italian seasoning
1 Egg, beat
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
Spaghetti Sauce
Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions:
1. Prepare chicken breasts so they are about 1/2 - 1 inch thick.
2. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste.
3. Mix Ritz cracker crumbs with Italian seasoning.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet (not non-stick works best) over medium heat.
5. When hot, dip chicken into egg, then into crackers, and then place in frying pan. Don't over-crowd the pan.
6. Cook chicken about 7 minutes per side, or until done. Remove chicken.
7. Add remaining oil and follow steps 5 & 6 for remaining chicken.
8. Place all chicken back in pan, cover the tops of the chicken with sauce and cheese.
9. Cover and turn to low. Cook until cheese is melted.
10. Serve with Spaghetti. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment