Wednesday, June 17

Chunky Drop Cookies

These are good, kinda different. Good thing I gave my neighbor half of the dough, cuz seriuosly, I think already ate 5 of them. They are sweet and salty. The possibilities are endless with this recipe. I think next time I will omit the raisins and add butterscotch chips. That could be spectacular.
Mine took 14 minutes to get golden brown, but they are a little crunchy now. So, I guess they could be cooked a little less than 14 minutes.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups halved pretzel sticks
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
  • 1 cup raisins

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pretzels, peanuts, chocolate chunks and raisins.
Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.


http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chunky-Drop-Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment